The mother of a colleague of mine recently experienced a severe reaction to chemotherapy for her treatment of cancer. My colleague upon giving me an update of the management of care her mother was undergoing, happened to mention that she was grateful to the knowledge she had acquired over the years practicing it which led her to have given her mother craniotherapy prior to the start of the chemo.
She believed it was the knowledge she got from this science that enabled her to realise earlier on before the convetional medical staff realised that chemotherapy wasn’t the right option for her mother to have taken. The side effects from the chemotherapy had been so severe placing her mother in ICU for 4 weeks…
I’ve heard of homeopathic therapy but had not really paid much attention to it other than what I already live by – eating as healthily as possible and opting to use herbal remedies to boost my immune system as opposed to reaching for conventional antiobitics or painkillers.
My colleague mentioning craniotherapy led me to a path of knowledge search. In particular I want to know and understand what cranial therapy and how it ties in with cancer for that matter. This is my exploratory journey…
At no time in your life should the cranial bones be fused together. This would be a disease condition. Instead they can be jammed, overlapped, dented, raised, spread, or distorted with reactions in the brain.
When cranial bones get distorted by trauma or chronic muscular pull or even jaw and teeth conditions, you can have subtle or obvious changes in the brain function, depending where the pressure and irritation has its effects.
So loss of short term memory, poor concentration, severe headaches, altered vision, hearing, speech, smell and taste can occur. A thorough cranial exam can detect changes in the head and craniopathy can map the problems and start to correct them with hand pressure to the cranial bones and joints.
Depending on the extent, chronicity and recovery available to the person, the treatments are done until adequate cranial release occurs. This can take quite a few visits for some and lesser amounts for others.
About The Bio Craniopathic System
The Bio Craniopathic System (BCS) of therapeutics was discovered and developed in the 1970’s and 80’s by Robert Boyd, D.O., a U.K. Registered Osteopath. It was then referred to as Bio Cranial Therapy and subsequently The Bio Cranial System. While based upon the discovery by Dr. William Garner Sutherland of the rhythmic Primary Respiratory Mechanism (PRM), the philosophical principles of Bio Craniopathy set this System apart from other cranial based disciplines.
These principles are now incorporated in a wide variety of books, manuals and articles published in professional journals. Overall, they relate to the discovery of a previously unknown level of weakness in the structure of practically everyone, going back to birth. The specific nature of this “weakness” provides the predisposition toward the development of a virtually unlimited range of disorders, dysfunctions, and illnesses. More importantly, the principle of Bio Craniopathy also incorporates the means of addressing these fundamental weaknesses.
The unique research underpinning Bio Craniopathy is truly groundbreaking:
• It predicates the essential need for movement behind practically every function in the living processes.
• It establishes the existence of a previously unrecognized System which is the body’s controlling mechanism. Dr. Boyd has termed it simply the Master System.
• It shows that all of the other systems such as circulatory, musculoskeletal, endocrine, neurological and so on are dependent upon the integrity of the Master System.
• It suggests that the goal of mediation in virtually ALL disorders, including those of the (voluntary) musculoskeletal system, must include correction of the Master System (the source of function).
• The goal of all cranial work MUST include a change of status of the Master System from its lesioned status to that of anatomical flexion, a concept discovered by Dr. Boyd and unique to Bio Craniopathy.
• There are essentially only two lesions within all of us, irrespective of symptoms (or the absence of them).
• Cranial work does NOT require the so called “monitoring” and palpating of cranial rhythms. Although highly specific, the treatment of the Bio Craniopathic System can be accomplished in minutes.
The range of disorders for which Bio Craniopathy has been found helpful include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Structural Disorders: Sciatica, low back pain, neck and shoulder pain/restrictions
- Extremity Disorders: Knee, elbow and ankle injuries, female disorders, asthma, fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, colitis, tinnitus, arthritis, sports injuries, prostate, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), hay fever, varicosity, skin disorders, hiatus hernia, inguinal hernia and much more.
- Children’s disorders: Cerebral palsy, hyperactivity and ADDH.
It must be emphasized, however, that the Bio Craniopathic System does not treat disorders or diseases by names or symptoms, but insists on treating the WHOLE person by addressing the underlying TOTAL disorder of the body’s Master System. Commonly referred to as a holistic approach of therapy.
In Bio Craniopathic understandings, the perceived “trigger” factors, typically associated with the onset of symptoms are seldom the critical issue. Bio Craniopathy is focused on enhancing health and bodily function. Although it is frequently directed to addressing particular sets of symptoms, it is at all times directed to changing the basics of TOTAL function (physiology). Bio Craniopathy does NOT treat diseases, but addresses the TOTAL person.
Optimization of the Primary Respiratory Mechanism
Since Bio Craniopathy is predicated on the principle that the PRM is the core mechanism at all levels of function (physiology), the treatment protocol is directed to the correction only of this mechanism, irrespective of the presence or absence of symptoms. The procedure utilizes the existing pressure changes within the head (cranium) as part of the PRM, to bring about a very specific objective in the alignment of the cranial bones and status of the dural membrane. The procedure takes only a few minutes to accomplish.
This world class system is spearheading a new dimension in well-being and health care at all levels.